Re: [xmca] old posts

From: Geoff <geoffrey.binder who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Wed Dec 12 2007 - 18:14:34 PST

Hi Mike, thanks for the info.

RMIT is the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, where I'm doing a
PhD that, broadly speaking is looking at sustainable urban design, but
specifically is looking at how 'stakeholder' relationships effect
planning decisions. I can not remember exactly how I stumbled across
xmca, but is was via research that I've been doing into the problem of
structure and agency. I figured that if your going to engage with this
debate, then the agent is a good place to start, and no better person
that Vygotsky to do this. I've also been reading Wittgenstein and
Bourdieu and am thinking 'ecologically'.

Cheers, Geoff

On 13/12/2007, Mike Cole <lchcmike@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Geoff Binder-
>
> Two ways I can think of offhand.
> 1). If you go to lchc.ucsd.edu discussions xmca you will find discussions
> going back a decade or so.
>
> 2) If there is a particular topic you are interested in (for example,
> Wertsch) you can google the
> lchc site at the home page.
>
> And, since you are asking, what brought you here? And what is rmit?
> mike
>
> On Dec 12, 2007 5:51 PM, Geoff <geoffrey.binder@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi, Is there some way of searching through old posts of this listserve?
> >
> > As a kinda newbee here, I'd like to be able to look at old threads to
> > save going over old ground.
> >
> > Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Binder
BA (SS) La Trobe, BArch (Hons) RMIT
PhD Candidate
Global Studies, Social Sciences and Planning RMIT
Ph B. 9925 9951
M. 0422 968 567