Re: [xmca] A little more on Bozhovich (Boshowitsch(1970). Die Persönlichkeit und ihre Entwicklung im Schulalter)

From: Ana Marjanovic-Shane <ana who-is-at zmajcenter.org>
Date: Fri Nov 30 2007 - 20:46:40 PST

I think the German equivalent of "perezhivanie" is "das Erlebnis" -- it
describes living through an event and having a personal experience.
There is also another word: "die Erfahrung" which may be closer to the
English "experience" because it describes more a "learning experience",
or "knowledge or skill based in actual practice". (German speaking
members of XMCA, help!)
In my exotic form of a Slavic language (Serbo-Croatian) there are also
two words to describe an experience -- one describing an experience in a
sense of learning something, kind of "getting an experience in a skill
or knowledge" ("iskustvo" -- a word that in Russian means "art"); and
the other one similar in its meaning to "perezhivanie" - a lived
through, and felt through experience ("dozhivlyay") -- describing
something that happened to you. You can even use the word "dozhivlyay"
in a sense of an "adventure".

Ana

--
//