[xmca] Fwd: Post Doc Fellowship Announcement

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Wed Nov 28 2007 - 08:21:19 PST

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Beth Warren <beth_warren@terc.edu>

Dear Friends,

Please distribute the attached announcement for Post-Doctoral Fellowships in
Education here at TERC. Here's a brief synopsis.

The Education Research Collaborative (ERC) at TERC, a not-for-profit
research and development institution in Cambridge, MA, invites applications
for a two-year residential research fellowship. The fellowship program is
focused broadly on transformative research on academic literacies in formal
and informal educational settings that serve children from historically
underrepresented communities, with particular focus on the sciences,
mathematics and interdisciplinary learning (e.g., sciences, mathematics,
humanities, arts). In particular, we encourage applications from recent
PhD.s or Ed.D.s who are members of groups historically underrepresented in
the sciences and mathematics, and whose research connects theory and
practice. A major component of this fellowship is to foster a scholarly
learning community, which includes a mentoring relationship with ERC senior
staff, collaboration with ongoing ERC projects, and a research/writing
seminar.

I would add that while, as you know, TERC's focus is science and mathematics
R&D, we welcome applications focused on learning of academic literacies,
more broadly, in and out of school. We are also strongly interested in
interdisciplinary work.

I am hoping you will encourage your students to consider this opportunity.
 If you or any of your students have any questions, please feel to email me.

Thanks for your assistance in spreading the word!

All the best,

Beth