Re: [xmca] Vygotsky on Identity? - LSV never wrote on Identity :)

From: David Atencio <atencio1 who-is-at unm.edu>
Date: Tue Nov 27 2007 - 22:16:21 PST

Is Vygotsky talking about identity or self concept when states "we
become ourselves through others" and that "personality becomes a
personality for itself by virtue of the fact that it is in itself,
through what it previously showed is itself for others?" (Vygotsky,
1929/1989, p. 56) - This is from "concrete human psychology" -available
from the xmca paper archive.
David Atencio