Re: Fwd: Fwd: [xmca] Vygotsky on Identity?

From: Tony Whitson <twhitson who-is-at UDel.Edu>
Date: Fri Nov 23 2007 - 09:59:22 PST

Those who have this book (including some xmca folk with chapters in it)
might find relevance in this chapter:

Duarte, Newton. "Education as Mediation between the Individual's Everyday
Life and the Historical Construction of Society and Culture by Humankind."
In Critical Perspectives on Activity: Explorations across Education, Work,
and Everyday Life, edited by Peter H. Sawchuk, Newton Duarte and i Mohamed
Elhammoum, 211-37: Cambridge University Press, 2006.

http://worldcat.org/oclc/60796098

Mike, I get xmca only in text (not html). I assume that's the same for
everybody: If I post a message using html, a text-only message is
distributed.

That means nobody will see red or other colors, and most people will not
see non-Roman (e.g., Russian) characters.

That's why, when I want to post something that requires more than just
plain ASCII text, I sometimes post it on one of my blogs, and then send
xmca a message with the link and a text-only version of what people would
find there.

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007,
Mike Cole wrote:

> In red below is my attempt at translation of a note from Boris Mescheryakov
re identity and personality in LSV. Boris, whose work you can read in the
Companion to Vygotsky and elsewhere
was kind enough to look up relevant passages from LSV. I probably have not
done the translation justice, but most all of this exists in English and
others more knowledgeable of Russian
can straighten things out.

It appears were are dealing with issues that are not usefully reduced to
either or....... again.
mike