RE: [xmca] Vygotsky on Identity?

From: Adam Mendelson <amendelson who-is-at berkeley.edu>
Date: Thu Nov 22 2007 - 13:13:51 PST

What about his discussion on play in Mind in Society? The description of the
sisters playing at being sisters implies that they are developing explicit
knoweldge of who they are, and the claim that in play a child creates his or
her own ZPD implies that pretending to be someone else transforms who
someone is. I interpret these ideas as consistent with Gee's (2003) notion
of projective identities and the role they can play in transforming
real-world identities.

Adam
(First time poster, please be kind.)