Re: [xmca] Streamed Discussion of Development in CHAT Theory

From: <ERIC.RAMBERG who-is-at spps.org>
Date: Wed Nov 21 2007 - 22:34:29 PST

Paul,mike

thank you much, clarification is 'spensive.

      To: "Paul Dillon" <phd_crit_think@yahoo.com>
      cc: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca@weber.ucsd.edu>
      bcc:
      Subject: Re: [xmca] Streamed Discussion of Development in CHAT
Theory
"Mike Cole" <lchcmike@gmail.com>
Sent by: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu
11/21/2007 07:50 PM PST
Please respond to mcole <font size=-1></font>

It was not coincidently that I used the term, atmosphere, Paul. But I am
glad that it evoked such resonance with you. If one does not awaken, no
issue of measuring the
air..... But having awakened, by what do we perceive and measure the air we
breath, except when it is carrying things to which, as we say, we are
alergic?

The Quechua have it about as well figured out as anyone, and even they must
experience something akin to foggy days.
mike

On Nov 21, 2007 6:55 PM, Paul Dillon <phd_crit_think@yahoo.com> wrote:

> mike,
>
> It is quite coincidental that you used the term "atmosphere" to signify
> the dimension in which we signifying monkeys dwell. Just before reading
your
> message I read a passage in a new and quite good book about linguistic
> ideologies, Rosaleen Howard. in which she provides the transcript of a
> conversation she had with a primary quechua bilingual (Spanish the other
> language). She asked the man whether he thought Quechua would survive.
He