RE: [xmca] ISCAR & DA

From: Emily Duvall <emily who-is-at uidaho.edu>
Date: Wed Nov 21 2007 - 13:07:20 PST

Hi Elina,
Mike has posted it already, but if it's lost in cyberspace let me know
and I will repost.

Personally, I am still digging deep into the Vygotsky-Dewey-Gadamer
connections. And I am revising a piece on Vygotsky and Gadamer that
mines the connects and disconnects; I really need to work into
internalization and give the piece the depth it needs.
Interesting the connections out there... I have a grad student who has
begun work on connections between Reggio pedagogy in terms of language
learning and Vygotsky and how an understanding of internalization can
move that pedagogy forward.

Is there a publication by Carpey on his Vygotsky-Spinoza work that you
would recommend? I haven't delved into this aspect as much as I should!

There is definitely, for me, a brilliance in Vygotsky's work in terms of
the breadth of his background, his ability to synthesize, and the
tendrils that reach out into what we tend to box off as fields, domains,
departments, etc. He kept his eye on understanding what the whole might
encompass as well as the parts, don't you think?