RE: [xmca] ISCAR & DA

From: Emily Duvall <emily who-is-at uidaho.edu>
Date: Wed Nov 21 2007 - 10:07:17 PST

Mike & Michael
In talking with Dot Robbins, she is suggesting that ISCAR might extend a
special invitation to Kozulin. There are definitely different directions
that DA has gone. Some feel more closely aligned with Feuerstein, for
example. This seems particularly true for those involved in the
Association for Cognitive Education and Psychology (they now have a DA
interest group). Some (and it can be the same folk) are most interested
in DA in the classroom for various populations (eg. L2, special ed,
etc), targeting specific domains (eg concept development in mathematics,
reading, etc), those interested in DA in a broader sense for other
populations (eg. Persons with Schizophrenia, Alzheimer's, etc). Some are
more oriented to Vygotsky and Luria. Then there are the interesting
developments with DA in Russian, distinction between dynamic assessments
as diagnostic tools in terms of learning aptitude, diagnistika
obuchaemosti, verses dynamic assessments that are teaching-learning
experiments, obuchayuchij experiment.

>From what I am hearing on xmca it sounds like bringing the various
perspectives to the table would be of interest in terms of understanding
DA's in relation to theory, to methodology, but also in terms of
pragmatic application. I'm new to ISCAR and fairly new to the academic
world in general (having mostly lurked about for a few years) - is there
someone who would like to help figure this out? Michael?

~ Em