Re: [xmca] Vygotsky on Identity? - LSV never wrote on Identity :)

From: Andy Blunden <ablunden who-is-at mira.net>
Date: Tue Nov 20 2007 - 22:13:23 PST

Fair question Anton and from the little i have been able to read from
people's suggestion I cannot answer you yet.
Certainly, I am not interested in "personality", "character" or
"individuality" but the Wertsch/Hagstrom paper is giving me the kind of
things I am looking for, in the vocabulary of CHAT, but so far no reference
in Vygotsky.

I look forward to hearing how others respond to your challenge.

Andy
At 11:38 PM 20/11/2007 -0500, you wrote:
>I would argue Vygotsky never wrote on Identity :) --
>
>unless anybody points out what Identity might stand for in Vygotsky's -
>preferably original - texts.
>
>AY.
>

>--- Andy Blunden <ablunden@mira.net> wrote:
>
> > Can anyone point me to where I should look in Vygotsky for his ideas on
> > Identity and Identity formation?
> > I have the LSV Collected Works.
> >
> > Andy

> email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail. Click on Options in Mail
> and switch to New Mail today or register for free at http://mail.yahoo.ca

  Andy Blunden : http://home.mira.net/~andy/ tel (H) +61 3 9380 9435,
mobile 0409 358 651