[xmca] transformations of activity

From: Mark de Boer <mark.yomogi who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Tue Nov 20 2007 - 15:15:01 PST

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to thank Dr.Cole for sending Dr. Daniels my e-mail address
and forwarding him the mail. We have had some correspondance and he
has helped me tremendously. He has passed on an article to me which
outlines a sequence of transformations of activity and it seems that
based on that research it was a perfect fit. There are still a few
things that I need to work out on my own, but I think that it will
help me finish this paper for now.

This is the journal;

Daniels, H., Leadbetter, J., Soares, A., & MacNab, N. (2007) Learning
in and for cross-school working. Oxford Review of Education. Vol 33
(2), pp. 125-142.

Also, on a side note, a colleague and I from the University of
Birmingham, have developed a web site which will be used for
collaborative efforts, similar to facebook, but I have found that
facebook doesn't have the focus we wanted and we wanted ours to be
more contained.

This is similar to what I suggested for the xmca website and I think
we have done it. Right now it has been designed for use for
collaboration between University of Birmingham MA students, but if you
are interested in taking a peek, please let me know. It has been
unofficially launched and will have its full launch at the
JALT conference this weekend in Tokyo. I think within a few weeks this
will be a great spot to watch collaboration in full action.

The website is www.bhammash.com.

Thank you again,

Mark