[xmca] [lchc] Fwd: NEW SRCD Initiative: Request for Proposals - Small Conference or Study Group

From: Olga Vasquez <ovasquez who-is-at weber.ucsd.edu>
Date: Fri Nov 16 2007 - 15:14:07 PST

Dear all,
        We have two, possibly three, pre-conferences taking place at ISCAR
on September 8, 2008 at the University of San Diego, a few miles south of UCSD.
If you do write a proposal and get funded, I am sure another group would not be
too much to accommodate.

        If you check the website, www.iscar2008.com, you'll see that Marianne
Hedegaard is already gathering the
CHACDOC--i.e., the Child Development section of
ISCAR.

        The planning committee, however, has been
interested in offering two courses during
the conference one on digital ethnography and the
other on theory. We have a group
already working on the digital ethnography course
and not the other. If there is much
momentum on the Cultural Historical Activity
Theory Perspective on Education for AERA,
we can continue it at ISCAR. Let us know soon so we can plan ahead.
Olga

This proposal interests me. Seems like a great activity that
LCHC could help organize, and perhaps, if the timing were right, do it right
around ISCAR time.

Please write to me if you are interested and we will try to follow up.
mike