Re: [xmca] Radius of Subjectivity

From: Andy Blunden <ablunden who-is-at mira.net>
Date: Tue Nov 13 2007 - 21:10:54 PST

At 06:30 PM 13/11/2007 -0800, you wrote:
> One of the really interesting and as yet undiscussed issues that came
> up in the San Diego-Helsinki discussion was the link (or lack thereof)
> between economic development and ontogenetic development.

Connections between ontogenesis and "economic" development are, I think,
going to be fairly abstract metaphors at best. The connections will be
based on the fact that the same person thinks of both objects, that's all.
Ontogenesis is the process of acquiring the knowledge of one's times, it's
like the difference between mountain climbing and house-building. Actually,
Hegel is very good on this in the Preface to the Phenomenology:

http://www.marxists.org/reference/archive/hegel/works/ph/phprefac.htm#m028

Andy