Re: [xmca] Compatible

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Wed Nov 07 2007 - 16:30:10 PST

That is a simply wonderful set of juxtapositions, Martin.
Their p. 715 statement seems most reasonable to me for lots of reasons, not
least of which is the absence of independent evidence for the idea of
someone else "having a mental state" in 12 month olds.

The Merlaeu Ponty quotation looks for all the world like
the foundational position of both ethnomethodology and ed hutchin's critique
of standard cog sci.

To what extent is the rich versus lean interpretive stance (or whatever
terms mike et al use to contrast interpretive stances lined up with the
contrast you point out??
mike