Re: [xmca] The social origins of pointing??

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Sun Nov 04 2007 - 14:31:42 PST

I'll pass that question on to our local group, Paul, and forward the article
to you.
I believe that the advent to joint intentionality (in Tomasello's framework)
is likely to be
central to the answer he would give. Would this mechanism be different than
for LSV?

I believe that there are many question concerning primary and secondary
intersubjectivity
in infancy that really need to be studied among people, such as the Quechua,
for whom the
environment created for and by the neonate is quite different from that
characteristic of the
populations most developmental psychologists work with.

mike