[xmca] Re: The psychological effect of bushfire: preparing mind and body

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Thu Nov 01 2007 - 19:55:07 PDT

Basically I am opposed to drinking while fighting fires, Andy. However,
drinking while fighting fires viewed on TV at a distance is
probably not harmful to your heatlh if you do not drink too much.(Remember,
drinking too much water all at once can kill you).

I am sorry I cannot divert from pressing duties to join the Mead/Peirce
discussion. I also tried to get the Valsiner and van der Veer
article which I have long wanted to read but I suspect a lot is in
Valsiner's book mentioned by one respondent. The connection via
Dilthey is really interesting to me. Dilthey is such an important player in
the more general dialogue about "crises" in psychology
in the turn of the 20th and 21st century. At least in Luria's narratives,
Dilthey was an important interlocutor with cultural historical
psychologists in trying to figure out what psych should be.

Anyway, thanks to you and all for the stimulating discussions.
mike