Re: [xmca] Material cognition

From: Elinami Swai <swaiev who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Tue Oct 30 2007 - 09:10:00 PDT

I tend to associate tac it knowledge with implict or subjective knowledge in
the sense that we can know about something, not through the 'accepted'
sensory organs, but from other unaccepted organs such as 'hunch,' my mother
would say 'blood' or 'body,' I would say our experience with the
event/phenomenon at hand. What I see the cause for the neglect of tacit
knowledge is our focus on Western scientific way of knowing and its
hegemonic tendency to dis-value subjective knowledge.

Elinami.