Re: [xmca] Fwd: Wanna see who you are?

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Fri Sep 28 2007 - 10:52:27 PDT

Hi Patrick--

I believe the term of art is "lurkers."
No one is obligated to comment on anything. Everyone is allowed to
comment/initiate/
forward things of potential interest, ask questions, etc. The conventional
practices are
pretty easy to induce from reading a month or two of email at xmca web
archive.

We are seeking to find a way to better automate subscription and
unsubscribing, as well
as updating material in the data base on members. For example, you are not
in the data
base as a member but you are subscribed.

The difficulty is that we want to avoid the possiblity of somone other than
the subscriber
of changing their information. We believe that the proper solution is to
require subscribers
to unsubscribe when they want to change their info and resubscribe with the
appropriate
info there.

In the meantime, we are fixing by hand whatever problems arise.

What thoughts are engendered in you by Gordon Well's article??
mike