Re: [xmca] Water Into Wine

From: <escully.russ who-is-at verizon.net>
Date: Sat Sep 22 2007 - 11:08:03 PDT

-----Original Message-----
From: "Mike Cole" <lchcmike@gmail.com>

Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 08:49:56
To:"eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca@weber.ucsd.edu>
Subject: Re: [xmca] Water Into Wine

Re H20 example, David.
Almost certainly it was German gestalt influences, not Mills, that LSV was
relying on.
And they, of course, were diametrically opposed to Mills' form of
empiricism.

Mills does retain the idea of emergent qualities, in a way, in his idea of
"ethology"
but LSV seems a lot more continental than Anglo-American in his thinking.

Can't help with the quote from pedagogical psych. Andy's interpretation is
interesting.
mike