Re: [xmca] academic online activities for kids

From: Emilia Djonov <e.djonov who-is-at optushome.com.au>
Date: Fri Sep 21 2007 - 16:42:25 PDT

Hi Camille,

Have a look at the following:

www.eduweb.com (developers of such sites)
www.kidclick.org (directory)
www.yahooligans.com (directory)
www.tryscience.org
www.sanford-artedventures.com
www.kids.nationalgeographic.com

There are a few more references to children's websites and website
directories in my PhD thesis, accessible through the Australian Digital
Theses Database by clicking on the link in my signature below.
(I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'academic', so I hope these
suggestions are in the right direction. Most websites for children are of
the edutainment/infotainment type, featuring both games and sections that
are more explicitly designated as 'learning' areas, e.g. organised
according to key curriculum learning areas.)

Best wishes,
Emilia

Emilia Djonov, PhD (in English and Linguistics from the University of New
South Wales, Sydney)
Thesis title:
Analysing the Organisation of Information in Websites: From Hypermedia
Design to Systemic Functional Hypermedia Discourse Analysis
http://www.library.unsw.edu.au/~thesis/adt-NUN/public/adt-NUN20060519.090529/index.html
other emails: emilia.djonov@aces.mq.edu.au / edjonov@yahoo.com