RE: [xmca] Vitali S Vygodskij

From: Alexander Surmava <monada who-is-at netvox.ru>
Date: Sun Sep 16 2007 - 16:14:38 PDT

Hi, Leif,

I consulted today with Gyta L'vovna Vygodskaya - Lev Vygotsky's daughter.
She insists that mentioned Vitali Vygodsky is probably no more than namesake
to Lev Vygotsky.

Vitali Solomonovitch Vigodsky (23.12.1928-08.05.1998) was an economist who
worked all his life long in the Institute of Marxism-Leninism in Moscow

According to reminiscences of his friends and relatives
<http://www.plehanof.ru/article/articleprint/705/-1/116/>
http://www.plehanof.ru/article/articleprint/705/-1/116/ Vygodsky was a nice
person and devoted follower of Marxist ideas (as far as they understand
those ideas).

So if your interest to this personage is connected with coincidence of
family names with Lev Vygotsky you take a wrong track. If you are interested
in theoretic Marxism as a background of Lev Vygotsky theorizing I think
works and ideas of Evald Il'enkov can be much more profitable.

Best regards,

Sasha Surmava