Re: [xmca] Request for Panelist Names on CHAT History

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Tue Sep 11 2007 - 10:30:26 PDT

Don't let the Dogma eat your Karma, Peter!!
Around here we spend a lot of time trying to figure out the difference
between genuine
disagreements and misunderstandings or differences arising from application
of common
ideas to different objects of analysis. Sort of like Don saying that
behaviorism helped out
with with an eneuresis problem, but not in other contexts. And, of course,
if one forgets
that Skinner was deeply immersed in Dewey's ideas, one could be led into all
sorts of
odd dogmas!!

No interest in master narratives from his quarter. But trying to understand
the variability
and its implications is an ongoing project.
mike