Re: [xmca] Response to DK about Volition

From: Steve Gabosch <sgabosch who-is-at comcast.net>
Date: Sun Sep 09 2007 - 22:11:27 PDT

Thanks for the Hegel, and the comments. On my formulation
"ever-unique," I can immediately see it has a flaw - if nature was
completely unique from one moment to the next, it would have no
continuity. To avoid this incorrect implication, a better term might
be ever-transforming, or ever-evolving - "Nature is ever-transforming
into new forms" - to contrast with the Ancient Greek idea of history
being a cycle that keeps repeating itself. A metaphor for this would
draw history is an arrow (a zigzaggy one, if you will), not a
circle. Thank you for your insights, Andy.
- Steve