Re: [xmca] Emotion at Work (and Theses on Feuerbach)

From: E Duvall <duvalleg who-is-at comcast.net>
Date: Mon Aug 06 2007 - 11:47:56 PDT

That sounded like an invitation. Perhaps everyone ought to make a top ten Vygotsky related list each year, we could merge them, and then produce an annual top ten plus other must reads..... :-)..... xmca top ten for 2007. It would be interesting to create and trace the development of the canon... what we return to over and over again.

A perennial favorite for me is M. Cole & I. Maltzman (editors), A Handbook of Contemporary Soviet Psychology. New York, NY: Basic Books, Inc.
A current favorite is Vygotsky, L.S. (1929/1986). Concrete human psychology: An unpublished manuscript by Vygotsky. Translated by A.A. Puzyrei. Psikhologiya,14(1), pp. 51-64. I love the raw notes by Vygotsky and the interpretive work by Puzyrei.
And of course Wolff-Michael's piece in RER! (Wolff-Michael Roth and Yew-Jin Lee, "Vygotsky’s Neglected Legacy": Cultural-Historical Activity Theory, Review of Educational Research 2007 77: 186-232.)
Gredler's work is a good read as well (Margaret E. Gredler, Of Cabbages and Kings: Concepts and Inferences Curiously Attributed to Lev Vygotsky (Commentary on McVee, Dunsmore, and Gavelek, 2005) Review of Educational Research 2007 77: 233-238.

-Em

From: "Mike Cole" <lchcmike@gmail.com>