Re: [xmca] Emotion at Work

From: Andy Blunden <ablunden who-is-at mira.net>
Date: Tue Jul 31 2007 - 17:00:09 PDT

Steve, I was surprised by your description of the "unit of analysis" as
something which lay at the end of a quest. The way I see it is this: the
"unit of analysis", like Marx's commodity or Dalton's molecule is an
"abstract notion" which forms the starting point of a science; what happens
from the selection of a unit of analysis onward is a "concretisation" of
the notion, not a "quest". Of course, if a problem absolutely lacks a
scientific basis for its solution, then there is a place for a "quest" for
a "unit of analysis."
What did you mean?
Andy