Re: [xmca] Fichtner/Seeger/LSV

From: Peter Smagorinsky <smago who-is-at uga.edu>
Date: Tue Jul 31 2007 - 05:43:22 PDT

Mike, an interesting anecdote. When my son was much younger (he's now 18 and headed off to college soon), maybe in the 5th grade, he found a copy of Pope's translation of The Iliad in my study and often read it--like you, he could barely understand it, but found something attractive about the rhyme and rhythm of Pope's language.