RE: [xmca] Tools, thought, & signs (Bruner, Peirce, Newton)

From: Michael Glassman <MGlassman who-is-at ehe.osu.edu>
Date: Mon Jul 09 2007 - 14:18:26 PDT

Oh, I get angry and wave a hammer in the air - is it a tool or a sign? I thought one of Vygotsky's point about the guy using the same curse word in all these different ways suggested he didn't see any difference between sign and tool - but then in other places maybe he did. Is ambiguity a sign or a tool?

Micheal