[xmca] The Polls are Open

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Mon Jul 02 2007 - 23:03:36 PDT

The ever-vigilant house keepers have opened the polls for the discussion of
the paper to follow upon
tools for thought.

Vote at http://lchc.ucsd.edu/MCA/Journal/poll.html

Meantime, the toolforthoughts discussion continues to generate new ideas and
areas of uncertainy.

In this context, I want to raise again the idea of an international XMCA
course for the coming year. You
may recall that earlier I floated the idea of people creating digital
lectures that would be made available on
the UCSD and perhaps other servers and that this would be accompanied by a
discussion forum in some
appropriate format(S).

Several people indicated enthusiasm for the idea, but so far as I know, only
three institutions have offered to
help generate curricular content.

The Developmental Learning Lab in Helsinki has powerpoint lectures combined
with mp3 audio.
Natalia Gajdamashko at UBC is giving a course and would like to participate
in content creation and discussion.
LCHC will offer a local course in the fall and our lab is happy to
contribute content and discussion throughout the
year.

And then what??

Martin's most recent note on Merleau-Ponty points straight at a lecture and
discussion.
Conflicting interpretations of Heidegger point at another lecture(s) and
discussion(s).
David K's work on bilingual ed?
Dewey and Vygotsky?
Boundary objects and third spaces? Is Kris Gutierrez going to be on vacation
for EVER? :-)
Emotion and mediation keep being pointed to (and written about): another
lecture and discussion?

(Insert your fresh green ideas here)