RE: [xmca] Don C about the "epic" googlization film - a bit of mcahistory

From: Louise Hawkins <l.hawkins who-is-at cqu.edu.au>
Date: Thu Jun 28 2007 - 16:45:43 PDT

Mike,

The discussion is really pointing out that an expert and a novice are both context dependant. Depends on the context, who is involved as to whom is the expert/novice, if these labels are even useful.

I watched the movie 'Snakes on a plane' - Samuel L Jackson the other day. At one point they need to find someone who can fly the plane - one of the passengers states that he has a certain number of hours.... Only after a few minutes in the pilots seat does he state that his experience is 2000 hours on a playstation!!!!!

Thank goodness for properly qualified, experienced pilots out there :)

Louise