Re: [xmca] Copernicus, Darwin and Bohr

From: Jay Lemke <jaylemke who-is-at umich.edu>
Date: Sun Jun 24 2007 - 18:26:39 PDT

I think that a little research will show that the post below
seriously mischaracterizes computer and video games. That is a disservice.

As to the argument that mediational means do not play a role in
emotional development, that seems to me contrary not only to LSV's
position, but to the experience of many people with literature, film,
and today with other media that are still developing (cf. early films
and what conservative literary critics had to say about the future of
the medium with the art that emerged alongside and sometimes within
less serious filmmaking).

JAY.

Jay Lemke
Professor