Re: [xmca] Ch-sig

From: Elina Lampert-Shepel <ellampert who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Sun Jun 24 2007 - 10:30:01 PDT

Thanks Tony, these are all great papers. Mike, all the e-mails from Dewey
SIG I receive from Jim Garrison, chair and the e-mail is wesley@VT.edu.
Maybe we just have to contact him?
Elina

On 6/24/07, Mike Cole <lchcmike@gmail.com> wrote:

> Good idea Tony.
> I am not sure, despite all the pointers to AERA.net how to get members of
> the Dewey
> sig involved.
> mike
>
> On 6/24/07, Tony Whitson <twhitson@udel.edu> wrote:
> >
> > folks interested in a possible CHAT/Dewey session might want to revisit
> > this symposium:
> >
> > Garrison, James W. "An Introduction to Dewey's Theory of Functional
> > "Trans-Action": An Alternative Paradigm for Activity Theory." Mind,
> > Culture, And Activity 8, no. 4 (2001): 275-96.
> >
> > Miettinen, Reijo. "Artifact Mediation in Dewey and in
> Cultural-Historical
> > Activity Theory." Mind, Culture, And Activity 8, no. 4 (2001): 297-308.
> >
> > Cunningham, Donald J. "My Life as a Scholarly Scavenger: Reflections on
> > Garrison's "An Introduction to Dewey's Theory of Functional
> > 'Trans-Action': An Alternative Paradigm for Activity Theory"." Mind,
> > Culture, And Activity 8, no. 4 (2001): 309-14.
> >
> > On Fri, 22 Jun 2007, Mike
> > Cole wrote:
> >
> > > I had this idea that perhaps a joint symposium with the Dewey Sig
> > would
> > > be intresting and wish to pursue it.
> > > mike

Elina Lampert-Shepel
Assistant Professor
Graduate School of Education
Mercy College New Teacher Residency Program
Mercy College
66 West 35th Street
New York, NY 10001
(212) 615 3367
I have on my table a violin string. It is free. I twist one end of
it and it responds. It is free. But it is not free to do what a
violin string is supposed to do - to produce music. So I take it,
fix it in my violin and tighten it until it is taut. Only then it
is free to be a violin string.
               Sir  Rabindranath  Tagore.