Re: [xmca] Ch-sig

From: Tony Whitson <twhitson who-is-at UDel.Edu>
Date: Sat Jun 23 2007 - 08:32:08 PDT

Mike & Ana,

   I'm not clear about the idea for the theme of the symposium. Is Ana
suggesting that the CHAT/Dewey session should address the AERA conference
theme, or was that not part of her intention?

Whether I'm interested or not would depend on the theme. It seems to me
that one theme that would make sense for a joint session, and a theme on
which I think I'd have something to contribute, would be developing
approaches to framing cognition as embedded in ontology (doing and
being/becoming), rather than treating cognition as something that can be
researched on its own, as if independent of doing & being -- or worse,
reductively, with human activity that is not just about knowing reduced to
an object of research into cognition.

That would be one problematic on which pragamatism and CHAT would both
have a lot to say, and non-redundantly; but maybe folks want to symposiate
about something else.

What do you think?