Re: [xmca] Ch-sig

From: Elina Lampert-Shepel <ellampert who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Sat Jun 23 2007 - 04:58:06 PDT

Mike,
You can access the info and on-line system at http://www.aera.net. There are
links to the 2008 annual meeting and call for proposals.
Elina

On 6/23/07, Mike Cole <lchcmike@gmail.com> wrote:

> Where is the online system?
> What is the system?
> mike
>
> On 6/22/07, Ana Marjanovic-Shane <ana@zmajcenter.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > The idea to have a joint symposium with Dewey SIG sounds very
> interesting,
> > Mike.
> >
> > The next year's AERA Conference main theme is:
> > "Research on Schools, Neighborhoods and Communities: Toward Civic
> > Responsibility"
> > I am attaching the full AERA call for proposals.
> >
> > A few other symposia for CH-SIG are in the making. The AERA on-line
> system
> > for proposal submission is now open.
> > Our Program co-coordinators are Jennifer Vadeboncoeur and Keith Sawyer.
> >
> > As every year, we will need people to volunteer to be peer reviewers.
> That
> > can also be done through the on-line system! (a "toolforthought?)
> >
> > Ana
> >

> > Mike Cole wrote:
> >
> > AERA announcements for next year are coming up on my screen. Can anyone
> > tell
> > me how to find out what the
> > ch-sig is doing? Not having been at this year's AERA, I am out of that
> > loop
> > and others may be as well.
> >
> > I had this idea that perhaps a joint symposium with the Dewey Sig
> would
> >
> > be intresting and wish to pursue it.
> > mike
> >

> > --
> > **
> > ------------------------------
> > *Ana Marjanovic-Shane, Ph.D.* *151 W. Tulpehocken St.* *Philadelphia**,
> PA
> > 19144*** *(h) 215-843-2909* *ana@zmajcenter.org* *
> > http://www.speakeasy.org/~anamshane<
> http://www.speakeasy.org/%7Eanamshane>
> > *

Elina Lampert-Shepel
Assistant Professor
Graduate School of Education
Mercy College New Teacher Residency Program
Mercy College
66 West 35th Street
New York, NY 10001
(212) 615 3367
I have on my table a violin string. It is free. I twist one end of
it and it responds. It is free. But it is not free to do what a
violin string is supposed to do - to produce music. So I take it,
fix it in my violin and tighten it until it is taut. Only then it
is free to be a violin string.
               Sir  Rabindranath  Tagore.