Re: [xmca] Mandelstam and the Illusory Nouniness of Concepts

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Mon Jun 04 2007 - 16:02:14 PDT

I have ordered the book David, and thank you for your long and thoughtful
comments. A lot to think about there.
In return I can offer the following bit of news provided by my Russian
seminar group in Moscow who check the original 1934 edtion:

As for the references and quotations in Vygotsky's works, there is one
quotation from Mandelshtam in the "Thought and Speech" (epigraph to the 7th
chapter) and two quotations from Gumilev (in the 7th chapter). All these
quotations are in the 1934 edition too, but without signatures. In the 1982
edition there is the name of Mandelshtam under the epigraph. In the text of
the "Thought and Speech" neither Mandelshtam nor Gumilev are mentioned.