RE: [xmca] FW: Giovanni's speech at VTech

From: Cook, Leslie <lcook9 who-is-at uncc.edu>
Date: Thu Apr 19 2007 - 08:29:40 PDT

Thank you for sharing this. It was also interesting to note that Giovanni was the English professor who had noted Cho's behavior as unacceptable and had him removed from her class:

"One of the first Virginia Tech officials to recognize Cho's problems was award-winning poet Nikki Giovanni, who kicked him out of her introduction to creative writing class in late 2005.

Students in Giovanni's class had told their professor that Cho was taking photographs of their legs and knees under the desks with his cell phone. Female students refused to come to class. She said she considered him "mean" and "a bully.'"

 cited from an article by MATT APUZZO
April 19, 2007
Associated Press

Leslie S. Cook
Assistant Professor
Department of Middle, Secondary, and K-12 Education
(704)687-8712
http://education.uncc.edu/lcook9/