CALL FOR PAPERS
THE 32nd ANNUAL BOSTON UNIVERSITY CONFERENCE ON LANGUAGE DEVELOPMENT
NOVEMBER 2-4, 2007
Ellen Bialystok, York University
"Cognitive Effects of Bilingualism Across the Lifespan"
William O?Grady, University of Hawai?i at Manoa
"Does Emergentism Have a Chance?"
?Perspectives on the Production, Perception, and Processing of
Katherine Demuth, Brown University
Anne Fernald, Stanford University
Lee Osterhout, University of Washington
Discussant: Virginia Valian, Hunter College, and CUNY Graduate Center
Submissions which present research on any topic in the fields of first
and second language acquisition from any theoretical perspectives will
be fully considered, including:
* Cognition & Language
* Creoles & Pidgins
* Discourse and Narrative
* Hearing Impairment and Deafness
* Input & Interaction
* Language Disorders (Autism, Down Syndrome, SLI, Williams Syndrome,
* Linguistic Theory (Syntax, Semantics, Phonology, Morphology, Lexicon)
* Pre-linguistic Development
* Reading and Literacy
* Signed Languages
* Speech Perception & Production
Presentations will be 20 minutes long followed by a 10 minute question
will be on display for a full day with two attended sessions during the
ABSTRACT FORMAT AND CONTENT
* Abstracts submitted must represent original, unpublished research.
* Abstracts should be anonymous, clearly titled and no more than 500
words in length. Text of abstract should fit on one page, with a second
page for examples, figures, or references. Abstracts longer than 500
words will be rejected without being evaluated.
* Please note the word count at the bottom of the abstract. Note that
word counts should not include the abstract title, figure or table
titles, examples, or the list of references.
* A suggested format and style for abstracts is available at:
* Three examples of how to formulate the content of the abstract can be
* The criteria used by the reviewers to evaluate abstracts can be found
* All abstracts must be submitted as PDF documents. Specific
instructions for how to create PDF documents are available at:
If you encounter a problem creating a PDF file, please contact us for
Please use the first author's last name as the file name (eg.
Smith.pdf). No author
information should appear anywhere in the contents of the PDF file
* Electronic submission: To facilitate the abstract submission process,
abstracts will be
submitted using the form available at the conference website at
* Specific instructions for abstract submission are available on this
* Abstracts will be accepted between April 1 and May 15.
* Contact information for each author must be submitted via webform. No
author information should appear anywhere in the abstract PDF.
* At the time of submission you will be asked whether you would like
your abstract to be
considered for a poster, a paper, or both. Note that this preference is
not revealed to the reviewers, and thus is not considered in the review
* Although each author may submit as many abstracts as desired, we will
presentation by each author: (a) a maximum of 1 first authored
paper/poster, and (b) a
maximum of 2 papers/posters in any authorship status. Note that no
changes in authorship (including deleting an author or changing author
order) will be possible after the review process is completed or for
publication in the conference proceedings.
* All submissions must be received by 8:00 PM EST, May 15, 2007.
* Late abstracts will not be considered, whatever the reason for the
* We regret that we cannot accept abstract submissions by fax or email.
* Submissions via surface mail will only be accepted in special
circumstances, on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us well in
advance of the submission deadline (May 15, 2007) to make these
* Each abstract is blind reviewed by 5 reviewers from a panel of
international scholars. Further information about the review process is
* Acknowledgment of receipt of the abstract will be sent by email as
soon as possible after receipt. Notice of acceptance or rejection will
be sent to first authors only, in early
August, by email. Pre-registration materials and preliminary schedule
will be available
in late August, 2007.
* If your abstract is accepted, you will need to submit a 150-word
title, author(s) and affiliation(s) for inclusion in the conference
will be provided along with notification of acceptance.
* Abstracts accepted as papers will be invited for publication in the
* Abstracts accepted as posters will be invited for publication online
only, but not in the
* All conference papers will be selected on the basis of abstracts
submitted. Although each abstract will be evaluated individually, we
will attempt to honor requests to schedule accepted papers together in
* No schedule changes will be possible once the schedule is set.
Scheduling requests for religious reasons only must be made before the
review process is complete (i.e. at the time of submission). A space is
provided on the abstract submission webform to specify such requests.
Information regarding the conference may be accessed on the BUCLD
Boston University Conference on Language Development
96 Cummington Street, Room 244
Boston, MA 02215
Telephone: (617) 353-3085
e-mail: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> email@example.com
Quoting Helene Deacon <mailto:Helene.Deacon@Dal.Ca> <Helene.Deacon@Dal.Ca>:
> Yes, I can do that. Please forward the information and I will pass it
> on to the
> Quoting <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org:> email@example.com:
>> Dear Ms. Deacon,
>> I was wondering is it is possible that you may help me post the Call
>> for Papers for BUCLD 2007 to the SSSR email list. Please let me know
>> as soon as you may.
>> Many thanks,
>> Enkeleida Kapia
>> BUCLD 2007
----- End forwarded message -----
To be removed from this mailing list, please go to
or send an email message to the address <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
with the text SIGNOFF SSSR in the body of the message. Problems
or questions should be directed to <mailto:email@example.com>
manager who-is-at listserv.umkc.edu.
-- Dr. Joel Taxel Professor and Department Head Department of Language and Literacy Education 125 Aderhold Hall Athens, GA 30602 Office phone: 706-542-4511 Home phone: 706-546-7220 Fax: 706-542-4509 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.coe.uga.edu/lle/ _______________________________________________ xmca mailing list email@example.com http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Sun Apr 01 2007 - 01:00:10 PST