[xmca] Vygotsky conference/Prague/Aug. 2007

From: Dot Robbins (drobbins72000@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2007 - 17:26:20 PST

Dear Friends,
  Forgive this late note, but I have discovered that many, many people internationally do not know about the Vygotsky conference in Prague, August 29-Sept. 1, 2007. The conference is called the 17th EECERA Annual Conference. This conference is basically dedicated to early childhood development. The site is: http://www.easyprague.cz/eecera2007/
  The conference is titled: Exploring Vygotskian Ideas--Crossing Boarders,

  The deadline for proposals has been extended to March 1, 2007. I am so sorry to not have posted this note earlier. Some of the Key Note speakers will be: Jim Wertsch, Elena Bodrova, Bert van Oers, and Elena Kravtsova [from Moscow]. Various people from Elena's Vygotsky Institute of Psychology in Moscow will be there. It will be a wonderful opportunity to collaborate, and I hope that many of you will want to attend.

  Also, if you are interested in the work of the Vygotsky Institute of Psychology in Moscow, please read the outstanding issue that Nik Veresov has prepared for the Journal of Russian and East European Psychology, Vol. 44, Nr. 6 (2006), pp. 6-18, with an article by Elena Kravtsov titled: "The Concept of Age-Specific New Psychological Formations in Contemporary Developmental Psychology." This article offers so many new ideas in English that I cannot begin to state.
  Hope very much to see all of you in Prague at the end of August.
  With good wishes,
  Dot