Re: [xmca] zopeds and virtual learning environments

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 02 2007 - 10:33:57 PST

Odd that no one responded to your note, Donna--

For a long time we have known that the time shifting using list serves in
connection with courses also
re-mediates the forms of participation of students with the usually more
silent students becoming relatively
more active and visible. But the affordances of real time, virtual
environments now available in some quarters
offers, as you note, a lot of new and interesting potentials for creating
environments were students can be more
active learners.

Can you be the only one on XMCA pursuing these issues? how odd!!
mike