RE: [xmca] Looking to 2007: Happy New Year Wishes

From: Lampert-Shepel, Elina (elampertshepel@mercy.edu)
Date: Sun Dec 31 2006 - 07:15:42 PST

Happy New Year to all! The map is fascinating... I was wondering whether we could have a cultural-historical cognitive map with our interests, research added to the geographical locus. A map of dialogical spaces? "Mapping CHAT"? No, I haven't had a drink yet...:-) (In case you are wondering).

Enjoy the holiday,
Elina

Elina Lampert-Shepel, Ed.D.
Assistant Professor
Graduate School of Education
Mercy College New Teacher Residency Program
Mercy College
66 West 35th Street
New York, NY 10001
(212) 615 3367

I have on my table a violin string. It is free. I twist one end of
it and it responds. It is free. But it is not free to do what a
violin string is supposed to do - to produce music. So I take it,
fix it in my violin and tighten it until it is taut. Only then it
is free to be a violin string.
               Sir Rabindranath Tagore.