[xmca] FW: [leader-summit-cee] US/China Conference on Literacy

From: Peter Smagorinsky (smago@uga.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 22 2006 - 12:50:06 PST

Literacies of Hope: Making Meaning across Boundaries:
China-US Conference on Literacy

EXTENDED DEADLINE FOR PROPOSALS:JANUARY 22 The meeting of two personalities
is like the contact of two chemical
substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Attached please find the Literacies of Hope: Making Meaning across
Boundaries Conference flyer, the Call for Papers, and the forms for
submission. We hope you will consider submitting a proposal for this
important meeting in Beijing, July 19-29, 2007. The deadline for submitting
proposals is January 22, 2007.

We currently have superb presenters, representing 15 states and 7 countries.
We will consider proposals in all categories, especially in these topics:
Technology; Social/Cultural; TESOL; and Critical & Creative Literacy.

We also would greatly appreciate your help in sharing information with your
network of friends and colleagues, both locally and globally.

Sincerely,
Janet Alsup, Purdue University, jalsup@purdue.edu Roy F. Fox, University of
Missouri-Columbia, foxr@missouri.edu, Chair Martha A. Townsend, University
of Missouri-Columbia, townsendm@missouri.edu George Frissell, Columbia