Re: [xmca] Pre-Algebra math sites??

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 12 2006 - 19:15:45 PST

Thanks to for these tips. In working with children from migrant families
after school
we find that the kids arrive at our 5thD site having "forgotten" their
homework (which
is put on line by conscientious teachers who fail to recognize that the kids
have no
access until they happen across us) and are getting slaughtered in the
system. The
parents are anxious for us to help the kids with homework despite our belief
in the
use of afterschool for general enrichment (see the paper on school invades
afterschool
at the lchc website). The BIG issue for us is how to help in the vacuum we
work in.
The various tips here are much appreciated.
mike