RE: [xmca] Pinochet

From: Paul Dillon (phd_crit_think@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Dec 12 2006 - 14:49:02 PST

Diane,

  The comparison of Stalin with Pinochet shows a horrible misunderstanding of history. For all the excesses of that historical period, without Stalin you wouldn´t even be writing those lines, without Stalin moving his entire industry beyond the Urals, Germany would have won in the East and defeated the Allied invasion in the West. Without Stalin´s struggle against Hitler, we would all be sporting swastikas .. If you want to talk about historical crimes try the Catholic Church in the Andes during the period siglo XVI y XVII of which Pinochet was a direct heir. To appreciate Stalin, try reading Yevtuschenko´s description of his funeral or watch Eisenstein´s ¨Ivan the Terrible¨ , Pinochet was a small little piece of trash that was raised up by Henry Kissinger and all of the forces that struggled to maintain capitalist hegemony in Latin America, nothing more, a real piece of trash, a little man used by the big forces of capitalism headed by Milton Friedman and Henry
 Kissinger Too bad he died before being tried for his crimes. To confuse Pinochet with Stalin, an error that I have to address.

  Paul Dillon