Re: [xmca] Pinochet

From: Leif Strandberg (leifstrandberg.ab@telia.com)
Date: Sun Dec 10 2006 - 23:31:14 PST

Yes,

I remember our slogan from 1973 when we were marching on the streets in
Sweden:

"Chile, Chile - Solidaritet"

It did not help - that time and now when Pinochet is dead another
thing comes into my mind. Last week a Swedish citizen was sentenced to
life time in prison for war crimes in former Yugoslavia during the
civil war. He (a black man AND a member of White Aryan Resistance
(sic!)) did very bad things against muslim people in Bosina - so I do
not think the trial was wrong. There are a lot of people who are put in
trials (in Haag) for war crimes. I think it is good. But some people
are evidenetly very hard to bring to such trials. And Pinochet was one
of them.

Why?

Leif