[xmca] Long time/no time passing

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Dec 10 2006 - 20:32:05 PST

Hi David
Three days ago I spent a lot of time pondering the fact that no one on xmc
noted the date, December 7. It was a big day in
American/Japanese/World history, Un-remembered. And NO ONE links it to the
events that ensued on the Volga river where
(not by accident) the Soviet Union was to beginnig the counterattack that
brought down Hitler. And, at least equally as sad,
very few in the United States who even noted that Pinochet died would have
heard anything about an international day
focused on human rights.So your reminder of the sad ironies is most welcome

If you watch American television, it is IMPOSSIBLE to think, imagine,
remember that more than a billion human beings exist
in families that earn less than 1 dollar day. As you will see for yourself
in the new year. I doubt it is all that different on Chilean
Japanese, or Indian TV, but perhaps I am wrong in my ignorance.