Re: [xmca] Interesting book: Review of 'Unlearning the Language of Conquest'

From: Paul Dillon (phd_crit_think@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 01 2006 - 16:31:49 PST

Peter,

  Thanks for the post on this book. The Europeans were barbarians in relation to the native Americans. There only advantage was military. In all other sciences they were woefully underdeveloped. The contemporary crisis we live is a consequence of the subordination of superior science to superior power to inflict violence, . Over these larger historical spans, there really is no subject separate from its object.. Our contemporary science (and all its questions abour empirical proofs) started out on the wrong foot and continues to tumble around in confusion, wreaking havoc as it goes.

  I'm looking forward to reading this one.

  Paul Dillon