[xmca] Alternative representation for CHAT systems: Uniting the subject-object division

From: Hendranus Vermeulen (hendranus@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2006 - 06:12:29 PST

Dear XMCA community

I would like to take this opportunity to direct our distributed cognition to
challenges I encountered using CHAT (in particular Engeström's triangle) to
represent collaborative activities graphically; and evaluate the alternative
representation I developed while wrestling with these problems.

In an attempt to get these thoughts "out of my head", so I can share them
with you, I created "AltrepCHATsys.pdf". This is an interactive electronic
document and includes animations (Acrobat Reader 6 required) and a 3D model
(Acrobat Reader 7 required) in an attempt to capture the dynamics and
complexity of collaborative activities. Older PDF Readers will also work;
however, the interactive elements will be static.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could have a look at this attached
document (when you have some time) and share your thoughts regarding these
matters.

Thank you
Hendranus Vermeulen

P.S. Please feel free to forward this mail to anyone that might find it
interesting or useful.