Re: [xmca] CHAT Resources in Spanish/Recursos TACH en Castellano

From: David Preiss (davidpreiss@uc.cl)
Date: Sun Nov 05 2006 - 14:20:33 PST

I don't think that publishing translations in bablefish might be a
good way to start, Paul. We might want to recommend that alternative
but publishing them would not help that much. For reasons of time and
money, I would go with Spanish speaking theorists of CHAT. And, there
might be an issue with authors right if we publish translations of
Vygotsky and others that are already published by presses such as
Visor, Grijalbo or others, which would certainly oppose to see their
translations in internet, not to say the own translators, without an
appropriate authorization. Are we planning to publish this in the
XMCA webpage? If yes, what do you think, Mike, as the owner of the
webpage about this?

On Nov 3, 2006, at 11:19 PM, Paul Dillon wrote:

> Ignacio, David,
>
> Me parece que han tocado algo importante. He encontrado bastante
> material sobre Vygotsky en mis búsquedas por el internet,
> especialmente en comparación con los demás autores quienes le han
> seguido en el desarrollo del TACH. Pero ¿cuales de ellos se deben
> incluir en una carpeta dedicado a CHAT? La ausencia relativa de
> traducciones de los otros autores, tales como Leont’ev, Luria,
> Ilyenkov, Engestrom y todo el trabajo que ha salido de LCHC, me
> conduce a pensar que se debe incluirlo todo. Sería bonito si
> podría haber un resumen para cada artículo que fuera incluido en
> dicha carpeta, una especie de guía para el lector, una
> orientación. Podría ser una especie de wiki que incluiría las
> diferentes ideas y opiniones sobre el artículo que has sido incluido.
>
> Todavía no hay nada oficial sobre la creación del archivo pero no
> sería mal ídea la de comenzar el diálogo sobre como se la
> organizaría. Por ejemplo, ¿que piensan de la idea de hacer
> traducciones con el Babelfish para inclusión de los autores
> quienes más han contribuido al desarrollo de la teoría de la
> actividad después de Vygotsky? Cuando uno esta hambriente, casi
> cualquier comida que no sea venenosa sabe rica.
>
> Y sí realmente comenzamos este proyecto, ¿cómo dividimos el
> trabajo? ¿Quién decide que merece inclusión?
>
> Paul Dillon
>
> A babelfish rendition with minor airbrushing:
>
> It seems to me that you have touched on something important. I
> have found enough material on Vygotsky in my searches by the
> Internet, especially in comparison with the other authors who have
> followed him in the development of the CHAT. But which of them
> they are due to include in a folder dedicated to CHAT? The relative
> absence of translations of the other authors, such as Leont'ev,
> Luria, Ilyenkov, Engestrom and all the work that has come out of
> LCHC, lead to me to think that everything is due to include it. It
> would be nice if it could have a summary for each article that
> outside including in this folder, a species of guide for the
> reader, a direction. It could be a species of wiki that would
> include the different ideas and opinions on the article that you
> have been including. Still official is nothing on the creation of
> the file but she would not be badly ídea the one to begin the
> dialogue on as would be organized it. For example, that thinks of
> the idea to make
> translations with the Babelfish for inclusion of the authors who
> have contributed more to the development of the theory of the
> activity after Vygotsky? When one this hambriente, almost any food
> that is not poisonous knows rich. And yes really we began this
> project, how we divided the work? Who decides that it deserves
> inclusion?

David Preiss, Ph.D.
Profesor Auxiliar / Assistant Professor

Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile
Escuela de Psicología
Av Vicuña Mackenna 4860
Macul, Santiago
Chile