---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Emblidge <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Sep 24, 2006 3:47 AM
Subject: Conference on the Book, Boston, USA, 20-22 October 2006
I am writing on behalf of the Organising Committee, to inform you of the
final round in the call for papers for the:
THE FOURTH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON THE BOOK
Emerson College, Boston, USA, 20-22 October 2006
The conference will address a range of critically important themes relating
to the book - including the past, present and future of publishing,
libraries, literacy and learning in the information society. Main speakers
* Jason Epstein, On Demand Books; formerly Editorial Director, Random House
* Sven Birkerts, Author of 'The Gutenberg Elegies'
* John Cole, Director, Center for the Book, Library of Congress
* Sara Nelson, Editor-in-Chief, Publishers Weekly
* Jan Constantine, General Counsel, The Author's Guild
* John Morse, President, Merriam-Webster
* Helene Atwan, Director, Beacon Press
* Bob Young, Founder and CEO, Lulu.com
* Angus Phillips, Director, Oxford International Centre for Publishing
Studies, Oxford Brookes University, UK
* Ed Morrow, Northside Bookstore, Vermont, and former President of the
American Booksellers Association
There will also be numerous presentations by researchers and practitioners.
Publishers, librarians, academics, teachers, authors and associated
professionals are all welcome to attend.
I would particularly like to invite you to respond to the conference call
for papers. Presenters may choose to submit written papers for consideration
before or after the conference in the fully refereed International Journal
of the Book. If you are unable to attend the conference in person, virtual
registrations are also available which allow you to submit a paper for
refereeing and possible publication in the journal, and give you access to
the electronic version of the journal.
The deadline for the final round in the call for papers (a title and short
abstract) is 30 September 2006. Full details of the conference, including an
online call for papers form, are to be found at the conference website -
We look forward to receiving your proposals and hope you will be able to
join us in Boston.
Dr David Emblidge
Department of Writing, Literature and Publishing
Emerson College, Boston, USA
Note: If you wish to be removed from this notification list, please inform
us by reply.
xmca mailing list
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Sun Oct 01 2006 - 01:00:05 PDT