[xmca] Urgent: Support needed TODAY for AERA Confucianism, Taoism, and Education SIG

From: Tony Whitson (twhitson@UDel.Edu)
Date: Thu Sep 14 2006 - 05:47:31 PDT

I think there are some on this list who will be interested in this. I
offer my aopologies to anybody else fro taking up email space.

Hongyu was told earlier that the deadline for this is October 1; but we
just found out that it is September 15 - so we need signatories
immediately.

To be included in the count for getting this SIG recognized, signatures
need to come from members of AERA. They need to know your AERA membership
number.

If you know other networks of people who could help with this, please
forward both of the messages you will get from me. In particular, I think
there are many Korean scholars who would want to support this, but I don’t
know how to reach them.
   _____

From: Wang, Hongyu [mailto:hongyu.wang@okstate.edu]

Dear Colleagues,

Thank you for your support of our petition to establish a new AERA Special
Interest Group on Confucianism, Taoism, and Education. Please email me back
the following information, and I will forward your message to the AERA
Central office as it counts as your electronic signature. We've just got the
news that the deadline for petition to be received has been changed to
Friday Sept 15. (It was Oct. 1st). So PLEASE reply as soon as possible.

Please include a statement in your reply:

I currently am a member of AERA and I will join the SIG should it come to
existence.

Also please include the following information:

Full Name:

Institution/Mailing Address:

Phone Number:

AERA membership number (If your forgot your ID#, you can easily find it out
by emailing to membership@aera.net; if you still cannot find it, please
contact Xin Li at xli@csulb.edu).

Many thanks for your support again!

Hongyu Wang

Assistant Professor

School of Teaching and Curriculum Leadership

Oklahoma State University

Stillwater, OK 74078

(405) 744-4675