Re: [xmca] Beyond Alterity/Intersubjectivity

From: Ana Marjanovic-Shane (ana@zmajcenter.org)
Date: Sun Aug 27 2006 - 13:49:33 PDT

Mike, Tony and all,
I guess we need to enter an experiment! Tony refers to the last year's
discussion that was following a real live course, if I am not wrong. The
platform (technically speaking) was not the most comfortable for
everyone at all times. I don't know of a platform which would be good
for everyone. A wiki seems to be good -- for those who know how to use
it, but it require a small training for those who don't know how to use
it. Although I did not find it hard, It still may present some
obstacles. I am trying to work on two projects through a wiki -- as a
means of remote integration of ides and a depository of common
materials. So far, I am the only one who "dares" to use it for editing.
The collaborators seem to be eager "readers".

On the silence:
It would be nice if all the people who read this NOW, sent just a nod, a
"M-hm!" a kind of acknowledgment that they hear. That would mimic a
face-to-face conversation, in which a speaker may be encouraged or
discouraged to take up a course of thought depending on the nods, looks
and other manifestations of dialogicity. We do not have to say anything
specific to be a part of a conversation. Saying something specific may
be in many cases difficult because of the language barrier (really not
to be underestimated!!), but in other cases the difficulty is also a
product of the medium: writing rather than speaking. e-mail is somewhere
in between, yet, still a writing rather than sounding.

Finally, I am really interested to know more about the writings of
Bronckart, Clot, Dolz and others mentioned by Fernanda Liberali. And how
do they relate to Vygotsky, Holliday, Hasan and other theories of
"langagière, textes et discours".
Ana